Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fab Friday 8/31

When I first saw this, I thought it was a movie trailor. Not so...  The source will surprise you and probably make you scowl, giggle, or even wince with the almost absurdity of it all. But, at the end of the day, it's a really. good. message. This week, we listened to a poignant piece for our listening log - I shared with the classes that it made me feel, well...it's hard to describe with words. That's the power of music...words just sometimes aren't sufficient. Pachelbel's Canon in D (the track to this video) makes me feel the same way.
In this time when teachers are being stressed to the max with piling state requirements and demands/rhetoric that demoralizes them, I guess I'm inadvertantly doing some soul-searching. Perhaps that's why the listening log and Fab Friday have been "deep" this week. It's great to teach a subject matter that can instantly salve the wounds of everyday life. Not only do I teach it, I live it. And I hope my students will continue to live it as well!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment