Monday, July 29, 2013

Ready or not...here comes school!!

Lots of new adventures to be had this year...  Are you ready?? My choirs are huge, my rooms are small, and there's more on the schedule! I have been given more duties at the 8th Grade Academy - teaching both choir and general music. With HS choir meeting at the same time, I was "given" a separate classroom next door. It's a very small room for which to fit 47 choir students!! We'll make it work. I will be at the HS building each morning until about 11:30am, so MSers, don't be looking for me before lunch. We have a large group of incoming 6th graders for choir as well - the roster is at 43 members. More chairs please...? So if you're keeping track, I have 3 large choirs and 2 periods of semester-long general music. Busy busy...

I can't wait to hear all about your summers (or that short 8 weeks we called summer). Did anyone else have a busy enough June that it took until July to really feel like summer vacation, and then it was almost too late???

To my high school freshman choir folks: please don't be too hard on me about the director shift. I walked in to work on my new cracker jack box - I mean classroom - in July and found Mrs. Studabaker cleaning out her things. She has made the enviable decision to stay at home with her baby Aria. When the school year ended, all indicators pointed to her returning (and I said that to you)...and now you all are going to think I'm a big fat liar! It was a surprise to me too.  Anyway, the new choir director is Mrs. Anderson. Be good, be kind, be attentive, and be supportive as she steps in to her new home. You will have a great year! Come visit me next door in the mornings!

HERE WE GO MARAUDERS! See you this week :0)  -Mrs. W

0 comments:

Post a Comment