Saturday, May 26, 2012

We've had a good year MSers....have a fantastic (and restful) summer and I'll see you again next year! A favorite piece of mine to leave you with.... :0)
Why Do We Teach Music?
Not because we expect you to major in music...

Not only because we expect you to play or sing all your life...

Not only so you can relax...

Not just so you can have fun...

But...

so you will be more human

so you will recognize beauty

so you will be sensitive

so you will be closer to an infinite beyond this world

so you will have something to cling to

so you will have more compassion,

more gentleness, more good, in short, ...more life...

Of what value will it be to make a prosperous living unless you know how to live?

-Unknown Author

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ur totally right thanks for inspiring me and help me reach closer to my dreams to be a choir teacher when i walked into the choir room everyday thanks for being the best mrs walton.

Anonymous said...

Mrs.Walton,
You have inspired me through the years. You never give up and have taught me and others great things. You are a great teacher. I cant wait to be with you next year in 8th grade.
-Amelia Alexander

Post a Comment